Thursday, November 24, 2011

How much is private ice time and how much is an entry fee for figure skating competition?

My figure skating coach was introducing me to competition rules and stuff like that and she started talking about how you need private ice time and cost of compeition entry fee. i was wondering how much is private ice time for routine practice and how much is an entry fee for a figure skating competition. i live in Nj so i dont no if that changes anything and plz dont suggest me asking my coach or the rink. Thanks so much.|||It really depends on the competition and on your level of skating. It can also depend on your local area.





My daughter is still skating in the basic skills levels. On average, I pay 40-50.00 for her first event and 25.00-30.00 for any extra events. Once my daughter starts skating at the non-test level or pre-preliminary, I will pay about 60-70.00 for the 1st event. I then typically pay 10.00 for 30 minutes of practice ice either the day of her competition or the day before. I paid about 100.00 total for her to compete in her last competition. That price included 2 events and 2 practice ice sessions.





Another thing to keep in mind is not only the cost of the fees to enter the competition, but also the fees your coach will charge you too. Around here, the coaches charge a practice ice fee and also a fee for putting you on the ice the day of your competition.





Good luck! Competitions are expensive, but also a lot of fun!|||First off, competitions are always exciting, so good luck to you, and I hope you have a great time! As for practice ice at a competition, usually one practice is included in the entry fee, and then it tends to be about $10-20/hour there on out. An entry fee for a competition is usually done per event, not a flat rate. So if you were entering 2 events, you would pay for each of the events separately. The entrance fee usually depends on how big the competition is, but I would say it is probably going to be in the ballpark of $75-100 per event.





I hope this helps, and have a great skate!

No comments:

Post a Comment