Saturday, November 19, 2011

How to balance when doing a figure skating spin?

Whenever I go figure skating I love to practice my jumps and steps and spins etc but whenever i go my spins I'll get it perfect then I'll lose my balance. Is there any tips of how to keep my balance when spinning?|||Stand up straight and try to balance on the 'sweet spot' on the part of the blade just before the toe pick (sorry, quite hard to explain). Bring your arms and leg in at the same time and take your time - if you start spinning really fast really quickly you are more likely to be thrown off balance. Try to hold the open position for as long as you can and slowly bring your arms and free leg in. It might help to watch the wall around the edge of the rink as you are spinning as it is really straight and so you should stay stood upright.





Good luck and keep enjoying the sport! :)|||Straighten your back so that your shoulders are right over your hips, not twisted or tilted.





Don't drop your free hip/leg - keep your hips level.

No comments:

Post a Comment