Saturday, November 19, 2011

When is the best time to start figure skating?

I am 14 years old and I love figure skating. I watch it when ever it is on tv and know so much about it. I really want to start figure skating lessons but is it too late too? I'm flexiable and would work really hard but most people start when they are young. I'm not sure if I want to compete or anything. I will probabley just skate for fun. Is it too late for me to start figure skating?|||no course its not too late :) i know people who have started in their 60's! i also started at 14, and have been skating now for about 10 months.





granted most people start when they are very young (one girl i know is about 4 and I'm sure she'll be an Olympic skater!) but i think its good to start older too. granted littler children have a lot of fearlessness, but i think its easier to comprehend some of the skills when you're a little older.





you don't have to compete if you don't want to, you could just take the level tests or skate for fun. its up to you, if you're dedicated, have money to spare (it gets pretty expensive :P) and love for the sport then why not start :D group lessons are great for beginners and you can make heaps of new friends there.





good luck, and happy skating!!!|||that was a good choice seeing that the girl is a figure skater herself!!!

Report Abuse


|||i think its good to skate whenever a persons ready and 4s a really good age

Report Abuse


|||wel i a figure skatin and people start @ all ages it dnt rele matter

Report Abuse


|||It's never to late to start doing anything so go for it :)

Report Abuse


|||i started skating at 20's so it's not bad at all. there are recreational tournaments for all ages and even have 70 the oldest. tots are not that serious though. they enjoy a lot. it's also good enough to learn from other skaters as well as other coaches.

Report Abuse


|||I started when I was 10 years old! And I remember whan 3 years later I still remembered how to skate, I didn't forget!

Report Abuse


|||I'm 22 and just set foot on the ice for the first time yesterday :) Good luck, it's so much fun!

Report Abuse


|||well probebly in the winter

Report Abuse


|||well im 15 years old and i only tell myself when i wanna do something ill do it,i just started skating 1 year ago and i started off from the beginning and in less than a year i moved up to preliminary i really want to go far in skating,hopefully someday ill make a carreer out of it.good luck with u.

Report Abuse


|||it is never to late to start figure skating if you have determination. Just remember its not how good you are its how bad you want it. We have alot of older people that do ice skating where i skate, just the other day we had a 71 year old who started with her grandaughter

Report Abuse


|||I started on my 14th Bday

Report Abuse


|||oh and you'll catch on quick, since you're older and more mature. It took me 1 year to finish 6 levels that it woulve taken me 3 years when I was 6

Report Abuse


|||ok well im a figure skater.....i've been skating since i was pretty little. its never too late to sign up tho! their's a 40 year old women who just started skating at my rink and she works really hard and she just landed her axel! so as long as u work hard u can do anything!





u have to keep in mind that its reallyyyyy expensive tho! lessons are like $1 per minute and my skates are like $600 so if u ever want to do big jumps and spins it will cost some serious cash!|||your never too old to start. It can be a little awkward going through group lessons with a lot of younger kids but once you get past that its really fun. Lots of adults figure skate too. If you want to compete there are basic skills competitions with people of all ages.|||It's never too late to start figure skating lessons. After all, your age is just a number. If you have determination, you shall succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment