Thursday, November 24, 2011

Should my two daughters have the same coach or have their own coach in figure skating?

My kids are 10 and 6. I am planning to have my 6 year old to take private lessons in figure skating. Should i use the same coach that my 10-year old has, or should i get another coach for her? My 10-year old daughther's coach asked me that he wants to teach my 6-year old before the learn-to-skate has started. Now, my 6-year-old learn-to-skate teacher likes to coach my 6-year-old. Any experience in this situation?|||It all depends on your daughters, their personalities and what works for them. I know several sets of sisters who have the same coach and it works out really well, and they even share lessons sometimes.





Maybe you should talk to your 6-year-old and ask her which coach she likes better. Then try them out and see what works for her.|||I would say have their own coaches. Otherwise, there would be too much competition between the two, and they might not enjoy their skating as much. I do know two sisters, age 12 and 8, who have the same coach and it works out ok, but their coach is a national level coach, and she doesn't let them have anything to do with each other on the ice.





Also, if your 6yr olds learn to skate coach wants to coach her, you may as well let it stay that way. Your child is probably more comfortable with it that way.





If you're still unsure, ask the coaches opinions, and your daughters' opinions.|||definitely different coaches. different coaches are usually better for different age levels. your 10 year old should have a coach who challenges her. your 6 year old should have one who lets her know when she does something right, and get her excited about it. different styles of coaches are better for different people. that way your kids will not be competing for 1 on 1 ti me with their coach either.|||i would take a look at all the coaches and the one you thought would be best for your daughter would be the one you picked, also ask her from maybe a couple you choose as she is young who she wants to have teach her, that way you can choose a good coach that she also likes, if it is your other daughters coach so be it, it's what you both pick...|||I think you should find an experienced coach to teach both. They should have the same coach, because why should one child have a different coach than the other? They might complain to you about inequality. And plus, different coaches teach differently so if they are trying to help each other out but they are learning something differently than one another it could get really confusing for them. They should help each other out by having the same techniques.





Good luck!|||It depends on your daughters and their relationships with each other.





They might want the same because, it is sometimes scary to get a new coach! If they both had the same they could share a private lesson, and then have their own lessons and share the advice with each other and stuff.





They might want different coaches so there won't be any competition with each other.|||I think it depends on the personalities of your 6 year old and 10 year old.





There are several pairs of siblings at my rink who use the same coach. It seems to work for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment