Thursday, November 24, 2011

Is it too late to get into figure skating?

I started figure skating in october and i am 13. I am in level basic 4.Is it too late to start already because my grandma keeps saying that i will never become very good because i didn't start when i was like 5. But i practice like 3 hours a week. I am planning to practice more as I progress because all of the classes are relatively easy for me.








Where do you think i will be by next summer?





and





Do you think it is too late to start?|||It;s never to late. You just must have faith in yourself and you must want to achieve all those things..


Havent you seen Ice Princess?? ;)|||i started in september of last year when i was 12 1/2 (now i'm 13) and i'm in basic 4 too (:





no, it's not to late to start. you won't go to the 2010 olympics but if you keep practicing you will go far in it. my dad tells me that i started late, and i know i did but i'm just having fun in skating, and right now that is all that matters.|||freeking do it! im 14 and i started last week!! its so fun and im already starting stuff from alpha level!! well i dont know usfsa levels so i couldnt tell you. but just keep practicing. im sure you will be amazing!!





good luck!:]|||Do it!!!!!! I'm 14 and I'm starting lessons very soon I'm so excited!|||I started basic skills when I was 10, a few more years won't hurt! I'm now and 18 and have accomplished so much. Realistically, it's more likely that you won't go to the Olympics or anything like that, but who's to say it's impossible. Plus, there are many other high goals you can set for yourself in skating besides going to the Olympics. You will be able to compete in so many competitions and pass so many more tests (after basic skills) definitely stick with it!





Just keep in mind that it is more difficult to start later especially for girls (speaking from personal experience). You've got a different mind set when you're older, and it's difficult to train your body to do things in skating that you aren't used to doing. Just something to keep in mind as you're training and you see things possibly coming easier to the little kids. It's because they don't think about it, the just do. Whereas when you're older, you begin to analyze. But don't let that stop you!





Depending on whether or not your classes run year-round and how long the sessions are, its tough to say where you'll be in the future. If the classes are too easy for you, maybe you should consider going straight into being privately coached or even just asking the program director to have an instructorr test you, and find a level that will challenge you more than you are.





Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment