Thursday, November 24, 2011

Why is figure skating not considered a sport by most people?

I'm a figure skater. And I get made fun of because people tell me i'm not in any sports. When I tell them I'm in figure skating, they laugh at me saying that's not a sport. What I want to know is, if figure skating isn't a sport, then why is it in the olympics? the definition of olympic games is a modern international sports competition. did you see that word sports?|||It is definitely a sport but I suppose many people consider it to be in the same category as dancing which people also argue whether it is a sport or not. It is because figure skating is artistic and artistry for many people isn't sports-like.


It is not because there is no ball involved as commented by Portia. There are many sports that don't involve balls. However she is partly correct too because many people think of ball sports when the word "sport" is mentioned.


Feel proud of your sport. It is very difficult and I think it is beautiful and amazing to watch.|||I agree with you. Figure skating is a sport, and a difficult one too, which is recognized as a sport by people who experience it and by the Olympic Movement. Figure Skating wouldn't be in the Olympics if it weren't officially a sport.





Let these know-nots get out and attempt a grueling program on the rock hard ice, balance on thin metal blades, expend the energy, strength and concentration to complete a program, then you'll be the one laughing at them for ever laughting at you or this difficult but beautiful sport.





You're a tough athlete and a talented individual...don't ever forget that.|||There's no ball involved. When people think of sports they think of things like Baseball, Football, Basketball, Volley, etc....|||It's not as popular as other sports, that's why.

No comments:

Post a Comment