Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Can I use any 4 way stretch material for making a figure skating dress?Any free pattern sites?

I am going to make my self a figure skating dress and I was looking at materials and as lycra is a bit more expensive I was wondering if there was an alternative. I have read that you can use any 4 way stretch material but I want to check before I buy some. Also does anyone know of any free ice skating dress pattern sites? Thanks for your help.|||Yes any four way stretch material is perfect for ice skating dresses. Patterns are difficult and i remember my mams first attempt ended up looking like shorts under a skirt! Find a class you could go to and once you have the basics under control you have free rain on what to do and can let your creativity shine! There are some gorgeous fabrics and patterns but they are expensive and producing the dress is time consuming which is why the prices are so high.


If your making a dress that will be worn when competing do be aware that length of the skirt, where the pantie line of the leotard is, and the areas of exposed skin are regulated and you can and will in most cases have points taken off for offences!


It is a great feeling knowing you made the dress your skating in so good luck and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment