Friday, December 2, 2011

What is an optional age for entering in figure skating?

What is an optional age for entering in figure skating?|||usually 2-5 al the way through 7. But Sasha Cohen started at nine and a few started at 10 or 11|||most elite skaters started around 2-5 yrs old|||Anywhere from 2-6 if you want to get really far I think but there are teenagers in Freestyle 1 at my rink and they started at like 12.


I don't really know what you mean but I started as soon as I turned 2 and I went through pretty quickly I am 7 now and I just landed my axel and I am working on my double lutz. Most people start at 2, 4, or 3 but I know people who are in my level who started later Sasha Cohen started at 9 so I think you can be as old as you like.|||i don't know but maybe when you are still 7 years old, anyway I learn some figure skating since I still 9|||Any age is good to start skating! I started at the age of 15 and worked hard to pass tests and move up, and ended up skating in college with a synchronized skating team. We placed 5th at my last nationals, not bad! My mom and sister started skating at the same time. My sister was 5, and now she has her gold metal in moves in the field and is very high in freestyle and dance, so she has gotten much higher than I ever will. My mother is 57 and still skating about 3 times a week. She loves it, and it is a great way to stay in shape. She actually competes at adult nationals every year and enjoys the camaraderie between adult skaters.





So basically, if you want to skate, it is never to early or too late! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment