Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Is it too late to start figure skating seriously again?

I'm 14 now and I use to take lessons but I stopped at basic/level 5. But throughout the years I've been figure skating just for fun and I still remember the basics: one foot glide, swizzles and stuff. Do you think I can get to a competition level by the time I'm 18?|||Yes, my husband started skating at age thirty and he is competing.|||There is competitions for any level %26amp; any age, including Basic 5. You can compete in Basic Skills for a year or two then move up to standard track competition, in which the first level is Pre Preliminary. You need all singles including axel for Pre-pre, but singles don't take more than 1-3 years to get. Axel may take longer depending on the skater.





I started skating at 12. At 14, I was working on axels %26amp; double jumps. You probably aren't going to get triple jumps or compete on a national level, but there is tons of local %26amp; regional competitions for skaters at all levels.|||definately!! you could compete much sooner than that if you wanted to. there are competitions for all levels. and if you do the lower level competitions, you will have more experience for when you are a higher level. i started private lessons in june, and i am in freestyle 4, have done 1 comp, and i have another one in february. you could be landing doubles by the time you are 18 if you are really dedicated!! :)|||Well obviously you wont be going to nationals or the olympics. I am 12 and i have almost all my double jumps except my double axel. but if you just want to make it to regionals or a small town competition, then you will definitely make it. good luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment