Friday, December 2, 2011

When is the ideal time to get a private figure skating coach?

How far into figure skating lessons, is it recommended that you get coach? I feel like I'm ready, and I'm serious about my skating, but I haven't been doing it for long.|||You can get a private coach at any point. Everybody can benefit from one on one attention. Your skating director will be able to help you with getting in contact with a coach who can work with you. Ask around at your rink to find out who works well with beginners. If you are taking group classes, talk to your coach, let him or her know that you are interested in private lessons.|||It really depends on your own progress - I got my own coach after Skate UK level 6 because the group lessons were going so slowly for me, and that very next week I was passed on grade 7 :) so the time to change to private lessons really depends on whether your group lessons are working out for you. If you are finding that the pace is just too slow, then I would suggest getting private lessons. Other people start out with private and group lessons when they have a problem doing something, just to get a bit of extra help, again, its really down to the person.





Good luck with whatever you choose :)





PS. Please don't listen to the person that says you have to be landing flip to have private lessons - yesterday my coach was teaching a younger kid her lemons, and he didn't look like he was annoyed at all (actually, I think that coaches enjoy helping people from the very start and see them progress). The coaches won't mind whatever level you're at as long as you're willing to learn :)|||It Depends On Your Age, How Far You Want To Go And How Realistically Far You Can Go.. I Got One At Basic 4 And It Helped Alot! so Whenever You Want!|||When you've begun doing one-foot turns, spins and jumps. Usually around Basic 5 / ISI Delta.|||if you cant land a flip, dont bother

No comments:

Post a Comment