Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How can I chill before my figure skating competition?

i have a figure skating competition today, and I am shaking. BAD. Someone tell me how to forget that there are about over 30-40 people in the audience!!! PLEASE!|||Aw, good luck! Here's my routine:


1. Go over your program in your head. If you're confident, the shakes'll go away.


2. Talk to someone. Is your coach there? Did you bring a friend along? Joking with someone and laughing takes away the butterflies.


3. Plug into an ipod or mp3 player. Drown out the crowd.


4. When you get onto the ice, don't look at the audience. Well, you'll obviously have to like look at them a little, but don't focus on them. Just pretend like you're practicing your program, not the center of attention. What I do is this: I look for the three people who are always at my competitions-- my mom, my best friend, and my coach. If I have to look up, I look at them. That way I don't focus on seeing anyone who hasn't seen me skate before.


5. Do jump and jacks and warmups. Stretch. Getting your blood flowing takes away the shakes.


Good luck! you'll be just fine!


-Owly|||Have you got an Ipod or an MP3 player that you can listen to before then just take it out before you go on the ice,





music always chills me or calms my nerves





:)|||The thing that works for me is to thoroughly warm up. Put your iPod, CD player, ect. in your ears and do various stretches, warm up your jumps and spins off ice, envision your program, and do some basic cardio.|||i know this sounds crazy but do a little oompa loompa dance just go up and down up and down. listen to music and wear a really big sweater|||all you have to do is forget about all those people. b4 my performance i never watch the person whose going b4 me. it makes me nervous seeing wat they r accomplishing. i go over the routine in my head and make sure i am still warmed up. when u go out onto the ice give both the audience and the judges a smile (want 2 make them happy :D) .if u miss something just keep going and forget about it. it doesn't make a difference. ur just there to have fun! :D GOOD LUCK

No comments:

Post a Comment